The Mad on Mud Club was started in December 2001 to give 4x4 owners the opportunity to come up and drive on the off road driving areas whenever they want. One payment per year and you can use the driving areas as often as you want. This is what the club is all about, having 4x4 driving areas available to use 365 days a year whenever you want. When you join the Club I will give you a tour around the driving areas and show you the clubhouse and wash bay facilities, then you are free to explore in your own 4x4.
The Club is based at Glentarkie, 15 minutes from Kinross and Perth just off the M90.
The club has gone from strength to strength with the membership growing rapidly. We now have eighty plus members using the site regularly and have all sorts of vehicles from racing specials to brand new Jeeps.
Visiting clubs are very welcome by arrangement and please just call Walter on 07711 217 759 to book a day. The fact that other clubs come back repeatedly shows how good our areas are!
- Entry to the Off Road Driving areas whenever they wish.
- Use of the facilities in "The Mad on Mud House".
- Free Mad on Mud Club car sticker.
- Entry to club events every few months.
- Vehicles playing on site web page to show off your vehicle.
All for the knockdown price of only £150 per annum.
Requirements and Recommendations
- You must have a basic knowledge of off road driving techiques (see Owners 4x4 BYO School for training).
- It is advisable to have a tow rope and front and rear hitching points.
- You should consider obtaining a hand winch if the vehicle is not already fitted with one.
- A "wading stick" is always a good idea before you enter any of our deep water .
For more information, contact Walter Alexander.
- Sunday 13th December 2015 - Club BBQ.
The Off Road Driving Sites
The hilltop wilderness at Glentarkie is well known throughout Scotland as one of the most exciting and dramatic places to use a 4x4. We have just about everything on the driving areas from seriously steep hills to mind blowing descents and very deep water. The tracks are suitable for all sorts of 4x4's from the normal road going family car to the "off road" special.
The Mad on Mud House
The clubhouse has a sitting area with magazines etc., tea and coffee facilities and a loo. The use of the clubhouse is free for our members and there will always be tea/coffee and milk available. We also have a wash bay to clean your vehicle in.
We have a small grassed area, with BBQ and picnic tables, next to the Clubhouse that can be used for overnight camping, close enough to have the use of the loo and a water supply available!
We are actively seeking sponsors for club events and the club in general, we'd very much like to hear from any business that may be interested. Please give Walter a call on 07711 217 759.
Email Walter at email@example.com or telephone 07711 217 759.
- Maximum speed limit of 15 miles per hour.
- You must sign in at the Clubhouse before going on site.
- You must have a site map and incident plan in your vehicle.
- A seat belt must be worn by everyone in any vehicle at all times.
- You must have a mobile phone, first aid kit and recovery rope in your vehicle.
- Give way to vehicles coming downhill, they have right of way.
- Winching and Towing procedures must be followed, procedures on the notice board.
- When vacating your vehicle, engine off, handbrake on and a gear engaged.
- Do not damage young trees, don't drop litter and respect the countryside.
- Obey directional arrows and note any warning signs.
- Leave a minimum of five vehicle lengths between vehicles when driving on site.
- Only one vehicle at a time on a section or climb/descent.
- Members are welcome to bring guests along but the guests may not drive their own vehicles on the site.
- Visitors must be made aware of the dangers and sign the risk statement on site.
- Minimum of two people and a maximum of four if only one vehicle is on site.
Alan Stewart......we are very lucky as he is nearly always at hand to pull out anyone who gets stuck!
If you get stuck on site please call one of the following:
Walter on 07711 217 759
Alan on 07974 133 593